The Anthem Group is recognized for its community and philanthropic efforts – locally, nationally and internationally. Anthem utilizes its visibility, success, and reach as a platform to do good, in addition to doing well. Actively supporting nearly 100 NGOS, charitable and community organizations, Anthem provides these entities with resources, services and opportunities to further their missions.
Anthem primarily focuses on youth services, educational needs, entrepreneurship initiatives, public art and programming, and the utilization of sports, the arts and entertainment as a universal tool to provide structure, opportunity and alternatives for children.
Through outreach and engagement, Anthem touches many different communities:
• Anthem works in collaboration with law enforcement on at-risk youth prevention programs and coordinates group outings that give the underserved population exposure to new experiences, people and places.
• Anthem’s inner-city youth jobs program provides opportunities and training for qualified individuals at its flagship restaurant, The Charles River Bistro, and throughout the Anthem family of companies.
• Anthem’s leaders serve as active board members and committee chairs for philanthropic organizations, and have supported the strategic development of a variety of NGOs and non-profits domestically and abroad.
Anthem integrates philanthropy into many of its productions and properties:
• Anthem supports local and global efforts through Anthem’s International Music Festival (IMF). The festival raises both funds and awareness for social, educational, and health relief efforts in Africa, while simultaneously showcasing unsigned talent to the world.
• Anthem draws from a wide pool of experience and resources to help those with limited tools thrive. The Anthem Group Foundation focuses on youth, education and entrepreneurship.
• Anthem offers its expertise and consultation services to entrepreneurs of all sizes and small businesses of all kinds. Anthem’s leaders have been mentoring students, entrepreneurs and other businesses since 2006. As a result, Anthem has developed two socially driven subsidiaries – Anthem Innovation and Anthem Incubator. Anthem Innovation offers services for entrepreneurs with scalable, world changing ideas, while Anthem Incubator provides services to help small businesses entrepreneurs pursue the quintessential American dream.
• Anthem orchestrates free educational and cultural public programming on Boston’s Esplanade. Utilizing its restaurant as a platform for community giving that supports the public, local organizations and community partners, Anthem engages thousands of park patrons throughout the Spring, Summer and Fall.
An Illustration of Anthem’s Philanthropic Partners:
• Action for Boston Community Development (ABCD)
• Big Brothers Big Sisters
• Cradles to Crayons
• Easter Seals
• The Musary